Login    Forum    Members   Search    FAQ

Post subject: NATIONAL ACADEMY OF PHOTOGRAPHY
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:39 pm 
Site Admin

May I have the privilege of informing you about the inception of the NATIONAL ACADEMY OF PHOTOGRAPHY (NAP) – a premier institution for studying “Photography” in both academic and practical spheres. The first of it’s kind in Eastern India.

As a matter of fact, the prime focus at NAP is on “CREATIVITY”… on nurturing the passion within… without which, no art is complete.

And “PERSONA-International” - the Home of Image Makers is constructed under the watchful eye of NAP. The club is a means of expression for the talent that yearns to sprout from within you. Its primary concern is to love photography as a self-expression media or as a profession.

However, the club promotes photography as a powerful art form and lets you share your artistic as well aesthetic experiences.

19th August is a very special day for photographers. On this very day, it was publicly announced that photography has been invented in the year 1839 in Paris. This day is celebrated as “The World Photography Day” throughout.

And we observed The World Photography Day since 2005 at Nandan, a Cultural Centre of KOLKATA, Govt. of West Bengal, spreading from Gaganendra Pradarsasala (An Exhibition Gallery of Govt. of West Bengal) to Nandan II and Nandan III by some exhibitions of a number of historical photographs, mostly of the earliest cameras and photographic equipments, along with some excellent photographs by distinguished photo-artists of the world.

On this auspicious day we are looking forward to organize an Invited International Exhibition, this is the 8th year of Celebration.

The Invited International Exhibition will be held at NANDAN, the Prestigious Film Centre of KOLKATA, Govt. of West Bengal, from 19th to 23rd of August 2012 to develop the awareness towards Creative Photography.

On behalf of NATIONAL ACADEMY OF PHOTOGRAPHY & PERSONA-International I am inviting your & your Members’ Photographs to make a successful event.

The Conditions of Entry & the Entry Form is in the attachments.

I hope you will put forth your generous hand of support to us and make it a memorable day.

Your co-operation will be solicited. I look forward for your early response.

(Apologies for duplicates if you have already received this Information via a different mail list.)

Please ignore this mail if you have already sent your Images.

I look forward to receiving your entries, and I would appreciate if you have the possibility to distribute this information to other photographers in your country.

Thanking you, with seasonal greetings.

Regards,

Photographically yours,

MADHU SARKAR MFIAP, Hon. PESGSPC, Hon. EUSPA, M.USPA, Hon. F.ICS, F.ICS

Overseas Honorary Life Representative of ICS, for India

The Chairman,

NAP-PERSONA-International - The World Photography Day, 2012-Committee

FOUNDER - DIRECTOR
NATIONAL ACADEMY OF PHOTOGRAPHY

FOUNDER - PERSONA - International, THE HOME OF IMAGE MAKERS

38 Golf Club Road
Kolkata-700 033